Stress Relief Wilderness Weekend
Mindfulness + holistic nutrition + nature
the experience of a lifetime
2 Days / 1 Night
Experience a whole weekend learning how to develop mindfulness and support your stress level through nutrition while adventuring into the coastal forest of BC.
We are so fortunate to be living in such a beautiful part of the world. Yet, with our busy city lifestyle, it is sometimes so hard to get out in nature and take full advantage of the invigorating qualities that it provides for us.
If you’ve stumbled upon this page, it is likely that you have been feeling rather stressed with all of your daily-life demands, and perhaps you wish you could have some time off to just be in nature. Come adventuring with us and you will come back with a renewed sense of vitality and new tools to support you on keeping this optimal state for many days ahead.
Decompress, Train your brain and nourish your cells by having nature as your home
Imagine two days of having nature as your home. YESSS, we are taking you camping! There is no better place to get back to your roots and fully connect to your inner-self than in the beautiful outdoors. All you need to do is wake up early and be sure to pack plenty of layers (extra socks too please). We take care of the rest. And by rest we mean everything; from pick up and drop off to cooking materials and FIRST-CLASS HOMEMADE FOOD. Even if you don’t have your own camping gear we can take care of that for you for a small extra fee. We make sure you will have everything you need to fully experience nature at its best.
We are honoured to be able to bring you to one of the most beautiful areas in the world; Golden Ears, only around 1.5 hours away from the city of Vancouver. We will be hiking through lush green valleys for about 4 hours until we reach our camping spot. On the way to our site we will keep following the sparkling river with stunning mountain views, and if we are lucky we even get a chance to witness the wildlife of the West Coast in its natural habitat. The area is home to bears, beavers, eagles, owls and much more. We practice Leave No Trace principles to ensure that we respect the environment and leave it in a better condition than we initially found it.
This weekend is for you
More than just camping, during this WILDERNESS WEEKEND you will have many opportunities to connect with body and mind. Together with your CERTIFIED TOUR GUIDES, your MINDFULNESS TEACHER and HOLISTIC NUTRITIONIST you will learn effective ways to practice mindfulness and meditation. At key points during your hike into the campsite, you will be invited to stop and exercise your mind to appreciate the simple things on the path. Together, we will be doing breathing exercises, sensorial activities and movement-based practices that slow your nervous system down and support you on being fully present. We will also share habit tricks, nutritional guidelines and practices that you can implement to reduce stress levels in your daily life. Our intention is that you will leave this weekend feeling relaxed, at peace and empowered to continue nourishing your well-being for many days to come.
Our Holistic Nutritionist was specially chosen for this experience for her level of knowledge on how nutrition affects your stress levels. During our carefully designed meals times, not only will you taste the best camping food ever created (yes, we are famous for holding this title) but you will also learn how to make simple tweaks in your diet that can massively impact your health and support you on achieving and maintaining an optimal mental state.
We will also have discussions on how nature can help with stress relief and how you can bring more wellbeing into your routine by incorporating more time spent in nature.
Our goal is to provide you with an experience that will challenge and encourage you to be more present in your daily life and find new ways to connect with the environment around you. We take pride in respecting the land that we live on, and spread the message that we can all live a more balanced lifestyle by connecting with nature to connect to our roots.
What is included
- Pick up and drop off with Sjef Camping Van
- Two passionate Certified Tour Guides that will accompany us for the weekend, introducing us to the flora and fauna of the location as well as leave no-trace principles
- A low to mid level 3 hours hike – Basic fitness level required*
- All meals are included. Meal planning and preparation is done by our Holistic Nutritionist & Sjef Camping (special dietary options available upon request)
- Workshop on how to create a Holistic Lifestyle through nutritional support
- Mindfulness activities and stretching excersises by a Mindfulness teacher and Life Coach
- Cooking gear
- Personal camping gear can be arranged for a small extra fee (optional when booking)
- All required permits and licences
* Please keep in mind that we will be hiking through uneven terrain for a number of hours carrying a loaded backpack (10 – 15kg). We ask that you keep an open mind and adventurous spirit. If you have any questions or need help deciding if this is the best tour for you, please contact Sjef Camping and we can help you make an informed decision.
What you need to bring
- Come with an open mind and a willingness to push yourself to learn new concepts
- Bring a backpack and personal clothing. You will receive an e-mail containing a detailed packing list after booking
- You can choose to bring your own camping essentials – tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat – or rent it through Sjef Camping (select at the time of booking)
September 28 – 29 (Sat – Sun)
We only take a selective group of people at a time to ensure everyone has a personalized experience. If you want to participate on the Stress-Relief Wilderness Weekend, book now to ensure that you can reserve your spot. Sjef Camping is a family-owned business that prides itself on providing excellent backcountry adventures for its clients. We would love to guide you into re-discovering yourself through connecting with nature.
Build Your Own Custom Adventure
Do you have something else in mind or are you looking to join us with a group of friends or family? Would you prefer to have us put together a custom made tour catered to your needs? Not a problem! Our team is excited to work with you to create the adventure of a lifetime. We can build a variety of itineraries with different price options for you to choose from.