Start / End location:
Downtown Vancouver, BC
Drop off Time:
End of Day
This specific tour is for intermediate fit people due to terrain conditions. The one-way trail is 7km to the lake, but don’t let this fool you as it is only uphill and there are some steep climbs. The spectacular alpine scenery makes this tour well worth it!
The total elevation gain of the trail to the lake is 1160m. The steepest section of the trail will be in the last 1km. There will moderate and steep climbs on soft forest floors, roots, boulders, as well as loose rocks in exposed alpine terrain. Although
steep uphill climbs can be slow going, expect the 7km descent back down to the parking area to be challenging as well.
Recommendations to prepare for this adventure:
- Focus on cardio fitness – get your heart pumping for 20mins each day.
- Leg strength – practice uphill hiking at the gym using “stairmaster” equipment.
- Squats and Lunges work well for hiking uphill (train those knees and glutes)
- Back strength – hike trails with a loaded backpack that include elevation gains and downhill descents.
- Shoulder and core training exercises prepare for carrying a weighted backpack.
- Walk-in your hiking boots to avoid nasty blisters on the trail!
All meals will be included for the duration of the adventure, except for breakfast. It is recommended to eat breakfast before pick-up. All meals for the duration of the trip will be distributed at the trailhead.
Food is very important to us! The majority of your meals & snacks will be homemade and dehydrated using as many fresh, organic, healthy and nutritious ingredients sourced from local businesses.
Food creates energy within our bodies. Energy gives us the strength to live and experience the world around us. The key component in the process of dehydrating food is that it retains the maximum amount of original vitamins, minerals and natural enzymes. When hiking, dehydrated food is your best friend – it’s portable, reduces waste, extremely lightweight and super delicious!