Start / End location:
Downtown Vancouver, BC
Day 1 at 7:30am
Drop off Time:
Day 3 – End of Day
Total Trail Length:
45km in 3 days
Day 1: 960m
Day 2: 800m
Day 3: 100m
This specific tour is for intermediate fit people due to terrain conditions. All adventurers will carry their own backpack including; clothing, food, water, camping- and cooking equipment.
The total elevation gain of the trail in 3 days of hiking is 1860m. Expect Day 2 to be the longest and most challenging of all three days hiking 28km in roughly 12-16 hours: including food break and photo opportunities. Expect to walk on maintained flat trails, uneven rocky surfaces as well as loose volcanic rocks with moderate steep sections while in exposed alpine terrain. There is an optional class 3 scramble/ climb to make it to the top of Black Tusk.
Recommendations to prepare for this adventure:
- Focus on cardio fitness – get your heart pumping for 20mins each day.
- Leg strength – practice uphill hiking at the gym using “stairmaster” equipment.
- Squats and Lunges work well for hiking uphill (train those knees and glutes)
- Back strength – hike trails with a loaded backpack that include elevation gains and downhill descents.
- Shoulder and core training exercises prepare for carrying a weighted backpack.
- Walk-in your hiking boots to avoid nasty blisters on the trail!
All meals will be included for the duration of the adventure, except breakfast on Day 1. It is recommended to eat breakfast before pick-up on Day 1. All meals for the duration of the trip will be distributed at the trailhead.
Food is very important to us! The majority of your meals & snacks will be homemade and dehydrated using as many fresh, organic, healthy and nutritious ingredients sourced from local businesses.
Food creates energy within our bodies. Energy gives us the strength to live and experience the world around us. The key component in the process of dehydrating food is that it retains the maximum amount of original vitamins, minerals and natural enzymes. When hiking, dehydrated food is your best friend – it’s portable, reduces waste, extremely lightweight and super delicious!
We will be sleeping in tents along the trail in a comfortable group-camping setting. We will teach you how to use our camping equipment like a pro.